The Systemwide Technology Access Collaborative (STAC) is a systemwide collaboration between the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office, the Foundation for California Community Colleges’ CollegeBuys program, and the California Virtual Campus, designed to streamline the procurement of digital access tools. By aggregating systemwide spend with suppliers, STAC maximizes cost savings, regardless of individual purchasing volume or institutional size, and allows campuses to benefit from institutional parity in pricing and service delivery. STAC is accountable in vetting and approving suppliers in collaboration with systemwide stakeholders ensuring vendor services are best suited to meet the needs of California Community Colleges. Moreover, STAC agreements comply with education code and public contract code. In November of 2020, the first STAC purchasing window opened with 63 participating colleges and supported over 450,000 students. In aggregate, the system achieved over $1.5 million in savings with services and software procured through the STAC consortium.
For Fiscal Year 2022, the STAC ordering window is open now through June 15, 2021. Suppliers this year include:
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Educational Support Software Solutions
- Ally (Blackboard) – Content Accessibility
- California Connects – Wireless Mobile Connectivity
- EesySoft – EdTech Adoption Platform
- Esri – Geographic Information System Software Solutions
- Labster – Virtual Science Labs
- NameCoach – Name Pronunciation, Gender Identification & Virtual Commencement Platform
- NetTutor and Pisces (Link-Systems) – Online Tutoring Services
- Ouriginal (Urkund) – Academic Integrity Platform
- Proctorio – Online Proctoring Services
- Pronto – Online Student Engagement Platform
- Turnitin – Academic Integrity Platform
During the purchasing window, STAC Suppliers will host information sessions and demonstrations to highlight their products and services. Please visit the STAC website (www.cccstac.org) for updated presentation timelines. Campuses may take advantage of the current STAC window by requesting an application from CollegeBuys and returning the completed, signed copy by June 15, 2021. After which, CollegeBuys will provide quotes for all requested products and confirm order details.
The STAC window is now open and available to all 116 colleges in the system. For more information on the STAC Program or other Digital Access Initiatives, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.