The California Virtual Campus (CVC) team has continued to support local adoption of cross enrollment, with 83 Home Colleges and 23 Teaching Colleges currently serving on the Course Exchange.
Do you know where your college stands in implementing the Course Exchange? Colleges can now track their progress with the Course Exchange Checklist for Home Colleges and Teaching Colleges, available on the CVC website alongside the implementation status of each California Community College including but not limited to: Home College, Course Finder, API, Financial Aid Agreement, and Teaching College. Additional questions or concerns should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With more colleges set to enable student cross-enrollment, a key step is ensuring students have access to financial aid they are eligible for. The CVC has also completed a prototype (or minimum viable product development) and is testing for additional financial aid automation aimed at:
- pushing financial aid units from the Teaching College to the Home College,
- packaging financial aid data to assist in the creation of the financial aid award,
- managing Pell recalculation/freeze dates,
- managing drop/census dates, and
- notifying the Home College of all financial aid awarded at the Teaching College.
The CVC team will continue to provide the Chancellor’s Office updates on progress with the roadmap for implementation, including information germane to ensuring system-level decisions about investments are student-centered, attend to variation in local IT infrastructure, and financially prudent.